Thursday, November 10, 2011

Addition Math Stories

An Addition Story


Last week I was part of a team of teachers who had the opportunity to visit 3 amazing schools. Our first stop was the Isadore Newman School in New Orleans. We spent the morning discussing curriculum and their implementation of Singapore Math. One of the main things I was reminded of was to do more "telling addition and subtraction stories".  It really was a 'duh' moment for me...so needless to say I went back and......




we have written two. The first story was about leaves and a tree, the other about a turkey and his feathers. Each story has a 'whole' and two 'parts'. The kids loved doing them and I think they turned out great!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where can I get that haunted house addition story graphic organizer? Could you create a link for it or upload it?

Thank You!